Practice Director, MSc, BSc, MCSP, SRP, HPC
George graduated from the University of Hertfordshire in 1997 as a chartered physiotherapist, and from the University of Manchester in 2006 with a MSc in sports injury and therapy. He spent many years working as a physiotherapist for professional football clubs, including Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace and West Ham United, working under such managers as Alan Curbishly, Gianfranco Zola and David Platt. During this time he was responsible for the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of many players, including Ian Wright, John Terry, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Craig Bellamy, Freddie Ljundberg, Scott Parker and Paolo Di Canio, among others. He was often to be spotted on television, running onto the pitch to treat players at innumerable Premier League games and also a Wembley Cup Final. Then, in December 2012, George was able to realise his ultimate dream of opening a private practice in his local town of Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex. Offering the local community the chance to receive the same level of treatment given to those footballers earlier in his career, George provides early diagnosis, manual therapy treatments and comprehensive rehabilitation programmes from the clinic’s functional gymnasium.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy 1997 – University of Hertfordshire
- MSc Sports Injury and Therapy 2006 – University of Manchester
- 1st Team Physiotherapist, Nottingham Forest FC – Managers: David Platt, Paul Hart
- Head of Medical, Crystal Palace FC – Managers: Steve Bruce, Steve Kember, Trevor Francis
- Head of Medical, Charlton Athletic FC – Managers: Alan Curbishley, Ian Dowie, Les Reed, Alan Pardew
- Head of Medical, West Ham United FC – Managers: Alan Curbishley, Gianfranco Zola
- Head of Medical, Brentford FC – Manager: Andy Scott
- 1st Team Physiotherapist, Birmingham City FC – Managers: Alex McLeish, Chris Hughton, Lee Clarke
Sylvia qualified as a sports therapist with Sports Therapy UK and has since enjoyed many years as a successful private practitioner, overseeing the welfare of sportsmen and women in the cycling, cricket, running, swimming and triathlon arenas. She has also been a valued member of many sport teams herself, including netball, hockey and rugby.
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
- Advanced Therapy Masterclass – John Gibbons Bodymaster Method
- Spinal Manipulation & Mobilisation Masterclass – John Gibbons Bodymaster Method
Whilst living in Nottingham, Louise completed a massage therapy course and built a considerable client base within the local sports community. She married George in 1999 and has been immersed in the professional sports environment for well over 20 years. These days, Louise enjoys running the business side of The George Cooper Physiotherapy Clinic, being mum to their three children, taking part in gym classes and running, which she is especially good at. She has completed London’s Run To The Beat as well as the 2007 London Marathon and regularly runs up to 10 miles outdoors.